Whole body vibration is a revolutionary form of low-impact exercise that promotes health and fitness allowing you to get a full body workout with less time and effort. The vibration does the work and your body simply responds, melting away fat, relieving chronic pain, increasing bone density and joint stability, stimulating circulation and lymphatic drainage, soothing muscles and improving overall well-being. Whole body vibration is the hottest and latest technology in fitness and is ideal for all ages, lifestyles and physical abilities.
The theory behind vibration exercise equipment was actually generated for the Russian space program. With zero gravity, there is no resistance to work your muscles, and a prolonged stay in space can lead to muscle deterioration and even loss in bone density. To fight this, the Russians came up with vibration exercise.
The theory is simple, you merely get onto the platform, you can stand, sit, lay down, or even focus the platform on certain body parts. The platform creates a vibration, which is sent through the body. In reflex the muscles contract. This causes tendons to stretch, and increases blood flow and improves blood oxygenation. This strengthens and tones them without effort on the person’s part. Since the vibrations get sent through the entire body, all the muscle groups are affected.
Degenerative disease conditions, accelerated aging & all diminished capacities ultimately can be attributed to insufficient cellular stimulation. As the living cell struggles with poor nutrition, low oxygen levels, environmental toxins and stagnation of lymphatic fluids, disease conditions develop which accelerate aging & shorten life span. Solution – whole body vibration therapy!
- Weight Loss and Metabolism
- Bone Mineral Density
- Hormonal Improvements
- Chronic Back Pain
- Circulation and Lymphatics
- Athletic Performance
- Anti-Aging Geriatrics
- Maximum Power: 1000 watts
- Speed Range: 5-50 Hz
- User Weight Capacity: 500 lbs / 226 kg
- Extra-Large Console with LED Display
- Readout: Time, Speed and Calorie Count
- Overload Current Protection
- Anti-Jamming and Anti-Static
- Power Requirement: AC110 V / 50-60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 2 HP
- Amplitude: 1-13 mm
- Vibration Type: Oscillating / Teetering
- Color Availability: Black / Silver
- Durability: Light Commercial
- Dimensions: 29 in x 37 in x 57 in / 73 cm x 94 cm x 145 cm
- Net Weight: 148 lbs / 67 kg
What is Whole Body Vibration (WBV)?
Whole Body Vibration is a type of exercise using a vibrating base, which delivers a mechanical stimulus characterized by oscillatory motion at approximately 1 to 15 mm rise creating 5hz to 50hz or cycles per second throughout the body. Whole body vibration exposes the entire body to vibration, as opposed to localized vibration (Biomechanical Stimulation), where an isolated muscle or muscle group is stimulated. WBV exercise platforms enable the user to recruit many more muscles than traditional exercise and trigger other whole-body reactions. WBV causes an involuntary reflex muscle contraction at 5-50 times per second compared to once or twice a second normally, thereby recruiting both fast and slow twitch muscle fibers during a vibration session. Biomechanical parameters include amplitude, frequency, and duration. A ten minute vibration session provides similar health benefits to 60 minutes of traditional cardiovascular, neuromuscular and flexibility exercise training.
What are the whole body vibration therapy & training parameters?
- Amplitude (mm or cm) = the extent of the vertical displacement
- Frequency (Hz) = number of impulses delivered per second
- Duration (sec. or min.) = the amount of time one spends on the apparatus
What are the different types of vibration?
- Oscillating Vibration – The plate movement is driven by a toggle mechanism that vibrates the left and right sides of the plate independently, which is also sometimes described as a “teeter-totter” motion. This is the type of vibration of the VibraWav Pro.
- Vertical Vibration – The plate movement is straight up and down in a unilateral motion.
- Elliptical Vibration – The plate movement is created by a vertically placed motor that has uneven centrifugal plates attached to it. This produces an elliptical motion of the platform which is the mildest form of vibration out of the three types.
How does whole body vibration work?
Vibration training stimulates muscles throughout the entire body, much more effectively than traditional exercise and activity. This stimulation causes the muscles to contract up to 50 times per second and 3,000 times per minute. This creates significantly increased blood-flow with an improvement of transport for oxygen/carbon dioxide, vitality components (micro-nutrients), energy components (macro-nutrients) and toxins and waste (i.e. lactic acid) all the way down to the cellular level. Vibration training provides better results in just 10 minutes as compared to 60 minutes of traditional exercise. Through vibration 100% of the muscle fiber is being stimulated versus approximately 40% in the same non-vibration exercise. It takes 8 to 10 months of traditional exercise to accomplish the same results that take only 1 month with vibration.
Are there any contraindications and precautions?
- Recent or possible thrombosis
- Cardiovascular complaints, e.g. valve disorder
- Advanced arthrosis, arthropathy, acute RA
- Recent sutures, scars and fresh wounds
- Foot, knee and hip implants
- Any metal/synthetic implants, e.g. pacemaker •Lumbar disc problems
- Acute inflammations or infections
- Migraine headaches